**Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine
Kathleen Peacock
published by HarperCollins
May 8th,2012
Mackenzie and Amy were best friends. Until Amy was brutally murdered.
Since then, Mac’s life
has been turned upside down. She is being haunted by Amy in her dreams,
and an extremist group called the Trackers has come to Mac’s hometown of
Hemlock to hunt down Amy’s killer: A white werewolf.
Lupine syndrome—also
known as the werewolf virus—is on the rise across the country. Many of
the infected try to hide their symptoms, but bloodlust is not easy to
control.
Wanting desperately to
put an end to her nightmares, Mac decides to investigate Amy’s murder
herself. She discovers secrets lurking in the shadows of Hemlock,
secrets about Amy’s boyfriend, Jason, her good pal Kyle, and especially
her late best friend. Mac is thrown into a maelstrom of violence and
betrayal that puts her life at risk.
Kathleen Peacock’s
thrilling novel is the first in the Hemlock trilogy, a spellbinding
urban fantasy series filled with provocative questions about prejudice,
trust, lies, and love.
I am so excited for this one. I love the idea that rather than werewolves biting people, it's a virus spreading, an epidemic. I also thinks it's cool that the werewolves are known about, people are warned and it's not some secret society. I'm also into the whole friendship thing right now as I'm really getting sick of love triangles. I think this is going to put a unique twist on what has become the YA norm.
What are you Waiting On this Wednesday??
(Leave a link, I always return the visit!)
**Synopsis and book cover are taken from www.goodreads.com


I was lucky enough to snag an ARC of this one. I can't wait to read it! Isn't the cover gorgeous? I'm a new follower. :)
ReplyDeleteReading Lark's WOW
So jealous!! The cover is awesome, I can't wait for this one!
DeleteThanks for stopping by, returned the follow!
I love this cover! Plus the synopsis sounds great.
ReplyDeleteMy WoW
New follower as well.
It does, I'm really excited to get my hands on this one.
DeleteThanks for stopping by, returned the follow!
That cover art is gorgeous! I also think it's awesome that the 'friend' trend continues with this one - I'm sick of love triangles too. Great pick!
ReplyDeleteIf you’d like, you can check out my WoW here.
Yea, they are getting so played out. Heading to check out your Wow! Thanks for stopping by :)
DeleteYes, I am very much looking forward to Hemlock! Great pick! :-) I'm not too tired of love triangles, but I do hate the typical ones, where the girl can't live without one of the guys, or where one of the guys is just... there for the sake of the triangle.
ReplyDeleteI'd be interested to read a reverse love triangle, where there's a guy having to choose between two girls. Haha!
At any rate, I hope to see a shift of focus onto independent girls and women in literature :-)
My WoW: http://blookgirl.com/features/waiting-on-wednesday/113-waiting-on-wednesday-gilt
Great comments! I agree :)
DeleteI'm hoping this one has a unique spin to it. It definitely has a lot of potential with the werewolf virus!
ReplyDeleteExactly, that's what drew me in, the unique premise. Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteI am dying to read this book, I love anything with werewolves! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog.
ReplyDeleteNew follower :) I love these memes because I stumble upon great blogs like yours.
Werewolves are pretty kick ass! Thanks for stopping by and for you comment :)
DeleteI'm waiting for this one too! I love the cover and the title!!
ReplyDelete-Kimberly @ Turning The Pages
P.s. Love the banner you made for your WoW post! And your blog is awesome :) +New GFC follower
Thanks so much Kimberly!
DeleteI'm really excited to read this one too! I was lucky and got an ARC of it to review. I am trying to wait until closer to the publish date to read it though. (It's so hard lol) Great pick. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am following you back. ;)
ReplyDeleteEeeek! It would be so hard to wait. So jealous!!
DeleteI love to just stare at this cover! I can't wait to read it!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous hey! Thanks for stopping by :)
DeleteI've read a few blog posts by Kathleen and Hemlock sounds wonderful. I can't wait to read it myself. :)
ReplyDeleteHere's my WoW. ♥
Oh fantastic, I'll have to look for those. Thanks for stopping by :)
DeleteI'm eagerly waiting for Hemlock, too! And the cover is certainly pretty :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by! <3
I can't wait for Hemlock! It looks really good! :)
ReplyDeletejust saw this one somewhere else! looks awesome!
ReplyDeletestop by my post? I'm hosting an exclusive cover reveal for a fall 2012 YA from Paper Lantern Lit and Philomel/Penguin!
http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/exclusive-cover-reveal-venom-by-fiona.html
Thanks for stopping by! I'll definitely check it out.
DeleteYES! I'm waiting on Hemlock too! I need to read this book. I have heard such great things! Awesome choice <3 :) I'll be waiting with you!
ReplyDeleteOoh awesome pick! I actually read it and I really loved it. I sent it to another blogger already but if not I would have sent it to you :(
ReplyDeleteGiselle
Xpresso Reads
Ah! That would have been awesome! Thanks for checking out my WoW.
DeleteI'm dying to read this!!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, you've been tagged!! To find out more, click here.
Doodle @ Doodle's Book Blog
This sounds really good! Its actually been on my TBR for quite some time. I agree that I like the idea of it being a virus! sounds unique! Awesome pick! thanks for stopping by :)
ReplyDeleteAll the best,
Mackenzie @ Oh, For the Love of Books!