Thursday, March 08, 2012

Feature & Follow (3)

**Feature & Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read**


Q: Have you ever looked at book's cover and thought, This is going to horrible? But, was instead pleasantly surprised? Show us the cover and tell us about the book.

Yes, that has happened to me!  I came across the Louise Rennison books one day at the Wee Book Inn and thought "no freaking way" (as I DEFINITELY judge books by their covers) but picked one up anyway due to a recommendation from a friend and I was indeed pleasantly surprised!  I have now read this whole series and I enjoyed every one of them! (never thought I would make that tidbit of info public) They are the perfect amount of comic relief in the sea of serious dystopian tragedy and heartbreak I'm normally lost in.



So, what were you pleasantly surprised by?? Leave a comment with your link, I always stop by ;)

Don't forget to stop by and enter my 100th Follower Giveaway!





AlluringReads




53 comments:

  1. Okay those covers are pretty ugly, but the names are very interesting and I love the cats on the front! I will have to check them out, I always welcome humorous reads. Old follower :)
    My Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some truly awful covers! Good choice!

    Here's our FF

    Jamie@Addicted2Heroines

    ReplyDelete
  3. The title definitely intrigued me the first time I saw it, but I didn't pick it up for the same reason I was intrigued, may have to check it out now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yea, these definitely don't have alot going for them in the marketing department!

      Delete
  4. This was a good question to ask to see what response we all come up with. Excellent job!

    New follower

    http://gizmosreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yikes. Yeah. Those are really just awkward. I don't think I would have given them a second glance. Great choice!

    New follower. Thanks for coming by earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooouu thanks for sharing! Its neat to see everyone's responses! As they always say, never judge a book by its cover! (yes, I did just roll my eyes at that too!) lol I'm a new follower, thanks for following my blog and coming by <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo cool!! i havent heard of this series! thanks for stopping by my FF!!!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read Angus, thongs... and loved it! Like a YA version of Bridget Jones Diary! I haven't read the other two but yeah, those covers are pretty atrocious. That book was hilarious!

    new follower:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the perfect description of these books Heather! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. Goodness, I haven't heard of these before :) The covers are very different and look like middle grade covers, are these middle grade? Anyway, great choices! I can totally see why you chose these! Thanks for stopping by and for the follow! *New Follower*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely YA (I think, though I'm no expert on the difference) she gets herself into some pretty adult situations! Thanks for hopping back :)

      Delete
    2. Of course! I forgot to thank you for the compliment... so Thank you!! :)

      Delete
  10. Hopping through. The covers have kept me away from the Rennison books. I should try them.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! They won't blow your mind, the description mentioned earlier is perfect 'YA Bridget Jones'. Light, easy reads :)

      Delete
  11. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    As a graphic designer, I do have to say those covers hurt my eyes. But I love Bridget Jones so I might just have to check this one out.

    Thanks for the follow, following you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, graphic designer, that's exciting!

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  12. The cover looks like light and easy too..nothing attractive or approachable..but feels like I can read when I need a break from emotional rollercoaster books. :)

    A new follower! Here is my Feature & Follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are definitely perfect for a nice breather.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. Hi there, Hopping through :) Oh Oh Oh those are.... well lol. What I'm finding the worst is the strange cat just plonked in random places lol.

    I'm also your newest follower!

    Here is mine to check out:

    My Feature and Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to agree with you on the covers of that series. I really did enjoy the books though!

    New follower

    http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature-follow-1.html

    Nick @ Nick's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy I'm not the only one admitting that I liked them!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  15. Well, I've seen the movie, so I don't actually mind the covers, they're kinda fitting with that quirky feel of the story. But ... in saying that, I wouldn't have picked them up. Anyway, new follower, here's mine http://kristyberridge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books are so much better than the movie! You should check them out :)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  16. Oh my dear!!! Those covers are absolutely hideous!!! Shame on the artwork industry LOL

    Here's my #FF .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol yes the marketting department should be cleaned out for this one!

      Delete
  17. Have to agree -- these are really Bad
    *** OLD FOLLOWER***
    http://b00kr3vi3ws.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are ugly. I heard they were good reads though. I loved the movie! I'm following GFC, RSS, facebook, goodreads.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie was cute, the books are even better! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  19. The crazy colours on those would put me off instantly! New follower. Here's mine: My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, just returned the follow!

      Delete
  20. Those covers would have me running at first. Just too much!
    Will check out the series on GR. :-)
    GFC follower. Happy Friday!
    FollowFriday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Just returned the follow :)

      Delete
  21. Those covers are pretty bad :)

    Thanks for stopping by my feature & following my blog ♥

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yeah interesting covers as well as titles. Good to know they're a great read. Happy Friday :P Here's My FF

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lol. The titles are funny. :D I had heard about these books before, but just never checked them out. Maybe on day...:)

    Thanks for stopping by my FF. Following you now.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The covers are bad! Glad you liked them though.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  25. I agree on the covers.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature-follow_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi
    I am a new follower. These books are popular in this house but I haven't seen those covers yet!
    http://booketta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. They are some ugly covers! Great FF, I am a new follower! Here's the link to my FF:

    http://bookedupbloggers.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    Jessica @ Booked Up! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ha! The cover art is definitely…interesting, but those titles are hilarious!

    Brilliant pick and thanks for stopping by. Following back!

    Otherwhere.co

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think those covers scream "read me!" :-)

    Well, the covers AND titles...

    New follower via FF

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ugh, not a fan of those in the least. Great choice!

    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. I TOTALLY AGREE on those covers! They are very unappealing, and though I've only watched the film, it is definitely more interesting than the cover would make it seem. Thanks so much for the follow! I've followed back, and I'm looking forward to reading your posts!

    <3 Britta

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG! I'm very happy to be your 100th follower :) Congrats!
    Lovely blog and ... oooooh, I definitely agree with your picks for this week's feature.Don't want to purposely hurt feelings...but those covers just look tacky and grade-school-ish. It's good that you enjoyed the book itself though! ^_^

    Stop by my blog sometime!

    Vivian @ Vivaciously, Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Thank you for being my 100th follower! Eeeek so exciting! Guess it's time for a giveaway!

      Delete
  33. I'm not a big fan of cartoon cover either! The series is a fun read but the covers are not really fun! :D

    my follow friday

    ReplyDelete
  34. I actually kind of like these covers... they're by no means amazing or anything but they're pretty quirky and from what I hear of the series, that seems to work. Still, I'm glad you enjoyed the books! :) I'll have to pick them up someday.

    Sonia
    (New follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Those covers ARE very silly!!! Glad to hear the stories inside are are better. Thanks for stopping by, following you back. :)

    Goldilox

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow! you got a lot of comments!! That cover on the left is nuts!!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  37. These covers scream chick lit which I avoid so I would never give them a second look.
    Thanks for stopping by, following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I have to agree, these covers are pretty hideous! :)

    Thanks for stopping by, I'm following you now, as well.

    Ree @ Literary Obsession

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!

This blog is an award free zone, thank you for your consideration!