Thursday, March 29, 2012

Feature & Follow (6)

I am so excited to be Parajunkee's feature for this weeks Feature & Follow blog hop! You can follow me by GFC and I hope you come back and visit often. So without further adieu... This weeks question is:


Q: Do you read one book at a time or do you switch back and forth between 2 or more books?

 






A: I read one book at a time.  If I read more than one piece of literature at a time my brain gets all majumbled and I remember events but then can't remember which book said event occured in, all in all, not so good for trying to write a cohesive review! 



So what about you? Leave me a comment and I'll drop by to check out your answer! And I'd like to send an enormous thank you to Parajunkee and Alison Can Read for letting me be a feature for this great blog hop!!!

Also don't forget to stop by my 100th follower giveaway! It ends Sunday!!


Alluring Reads

71 comments:

  1. Congrats on being this week's feature :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that problem sometimes too!
    Congrats on being featured, I'm a new follower :)

    My Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly! I agree! Old follower!


    My FF

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with that! I sometimes have problems with that, but I usually rely on Goodreads to keep track of my different books. They're status update ideas are genius. :)

    Old follower
    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a rare breed indeed! :O)

    New follower GFC

    Shelley

    http://gizmosreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read a couple books at a time but I do get things mixed up between the two so I know what you mean. Congrats on the feature.

    Old Follower.

    Mine: http://readingandwritingurbanfantasy.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-friday-22-tgif-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My brain gets majumbled too! It's bad enough when the POVs switch between characters, forget trying to juggle two separate books. I just forget everything!

    Mr FF
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves
    New Follower

    ReplyDelete
  9. I try to stick to one book at a time too! :)

    OLD follower :)

    Stop by my blog sometime! :D
    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jenni! Congrats on being featured! I also read one book at a time!

    My FF!
    Old follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower! And the majority of the time I only read one book at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to be a one book girl. Then there came a time when there were just to many. new follower. http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-friday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read a ton of books at once! LOL I used to only read once at a time and sometimes I still do if I'm really into it, but otherwise I jump around.

    Old follower!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on being featured!!

    I recently was reading 2 books at a time and it was difficult! Im back to one now!

    My FF

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome feature!
    I'm the same way - i can only read one book at a time!

    Trish - My FF

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! Congrats on the feature.
    For me...it depends on whether I read or read and review the book(s). Happy Friday! I'm a new follower...
    _yay_ @ FollowFriday

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the feature! I read Pandemonium (audiobook) and Partials (kindle) at the same time and that was a lot of dystopian to take in. I had to make sure I knew which story I was getting into!

    Old follower via everything!

    Otherwhere.co FF & TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats!! I am a new follower!!!

    Khelsey

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am going to agree with you, but that only really happens to me if the two story lines are in the same genre or are similar. New follower!

    Ink Spots And Roses

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi & Happy Friday!

    Congrats on being this weeks feature, I am a new follower.

    My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/feature-follow-friday-30th-march.html

    Have a great weekend, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Friday and congrats on being featured! :)

    Here's my Feature & Follow post.

    Ree @ Literary Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  22. New RSS follower here via FF. Congrats on the feature and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. New follower, congrats on the feature, here's my FF.

    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/feature-and-follow-friday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. New follower, congrats on being featured.
    I understand what you mean on getting confused. It hasn't happened to me very often though. :)
    My FF;
    http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on being featured!! Way to FOCUS!!

    -Burgandy Ice

    ReplyDelete
  26. New Follower, Congrats on being featurd, love your blog it is very pretty! Here is my FF http://bookfanatic89.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature-follow-friday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Follow Friday! Congratulations on being a featured blog. I'm an old follower.

    I like reading one book at a time for the same reason as you.

    http://readinginthemountains.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-friday-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on being featured! I'm on old follower!
    Here is my FF: http://doodlesbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature-follow-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. you're right it's sometimes difficult, mainly when you read two stories with the same stories. Sometimes it's a lille upseting.

    I'm a new follower

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  30. New follower, happy Friday! I love your blog, I'm a mom too. Congrats on being featured!

    My FF: http://abigailboyd.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  31. New follower happy friday love your blog
    http://bookreviewclub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi there :) just hopping through...

    Hehehe I know that's why I take notes as I read for my review :) Here is my choice...

    Feature & Follow

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi,
    Congrats on being the featured blog!! I love your site!! Already a follower. I usually have 2 books going at a time, depending on my mood!! :)
    Here is mine: http://bellesbookbag.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature-and-follow-friday_30.html
    Mariann at Belle's Book Bag

    ReplyDelete
  34. My answer is the exact same lol. Too confusing.
    Congrats on being one of the features!!

    New Follower
    Becky @ Book Bite Reviews
    http://bookbitereviews.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-friday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congrats on the feature! I usually have more than one book at a time, though it rarely gets confusing, except for The Hunger Games series.

    ez
    My #FF
    Don't forget to enter my Emerald City int. eBook Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  36. I get around all the majumbling by reading books of very different genres. I find it helps for keeping things straight in my head (afterall, I'm never going to get mixed up between a 19th century classic and a more recent fantasy!).

    New follower. My FF.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congrats on the FF Feature!!

    *** OLD Follower***

    I always read one at a time so that I can give my full attention to it!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congrats on the feature!! I only read one book at a time too.

    I hope you are enjoying Demonglass right now!
    New follower

    ReplyDelete
  39. New follower here! Just wanted to drop by and say congrats on being featured this week :)

    I actually read more than one at a time usually but I don't find myself getting confused by it, but it just depends on each persons preferences :)

    Here's my FF: http://thoughts-of-an-endless-dreamer.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-friday-39.html

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    <3
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I really love your blog! It's so pretty :D

      Delete
  40. Hi Jenni! Nice to meet you, I'm a new follower! I like your blog very much, the books you listed as your favorites are my favorite books as well!

    I always read more than one book. Since I don't have an e-reader, when I'm away from my laptop, I need to have a print book by my side.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am really lucky I don't get confused like that!

    New Follower!
    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh, that's funny! Luckily I don't have that problem. LOL

    I'm an old gfc follower!
    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/03/ff-feature-and-follow-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  43. Happy Friday, Jenni - I am the same way I tend to get confused if I read more that one book at a time.

    Hope you enjoy reading your books this week.
    - New Follower.

    - Beckie
    My FF post: FF

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Jenni, I am a new Follower! Congrats on being the featured blog! :)

    Froggy
    www.froggaritasbookcase.net

    ReplyDelete
  45. Congrats on being featured! You have a great design. And your answer is similar to mine :)

    New follower.

    Bri @ Kindling the Fire
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  46. I read multipe books, but I usually try to combat that by choosing different genres to minimize confusion. I see you are reading Demonglass. I just finished Hex Hall last week and can't wait to read the next one. Can't wait to see what you think! Congrats on the feature!

    New GFC, Twitter, and Goodreads follower.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-friday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  47. Congrats on being a feature this week! New follower!! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  48. One book at a time. Totally!

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I usually go two at a time nowadays, but a great one can always grab my attention :)
    New follower here,
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  50. I'm trying out two at a time right now, but I don't think it'll work for me. One book here too!

    New follower here,
    Gretchen @ My Life is a Notebook
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  51. I'm a one at a time person too. New follower. Here’s my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Old follower, so just hopping through. You can check out my answer here!

    ReplyDelete
  53. New follower, love the blog.

    http://writesthoughts.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-friday-do-you-read-one-book-or.html

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thanks for stopping in this weekend!

    I think you've got a very valid point there about getting things mixed up for reviews if you read more than one at a time. Makes loads of sense!

    Have a very happy weekend...

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  55. Replies
    1. I totally agree with one book at a time.

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature.html

      Delete
  56. Congrats on your feature! New Follower :)

    I read more than one at a time, which probably isn't such a good idea. I read so many books that it's hard for me to recall what happened in the book unless I've read it more than once.

    My FF: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-friday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  57. Glad to see I'm not alone in reading one book at a time!! New follower. :)

    Happy Reading!

    Kelly @ Dandelion Dreams

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  58. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Congrats on being featured. I read more than one book at a time. I like being able to read a book where ever I am.

    New Follower

    MY FF

    ReplyDelete
  60. Congrats on being featured this week, how fun! I'm with you, I can only read one book at a time, makes it too hard to remember what world I'm in and who I should be crushing on, lol!
    Happy reading :)

    Here's my FF:
    http://bumblesandfairytales.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature-follow-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  61. Congrats on being the Follow Friday Feature, I'm a new follower :)

    Like you, I tend to read one book at a time because I get far too confused if I read more than one as all the plots and characters would get mixed up in my head!

    Here's my FF:
    http://a-reading-daydreamer.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/feature-and-follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  62. Congrats on the Feature! New follower :)

    My Follow Friday

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  63. I understand completely about trying to read one at a time to make reviews coherent. I am actually FOUR reviews behind. I have time to read, but no motivation to do the reviews.... Congrats on being Featured this week!

    Here is my Answer. I hope you stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  64. I read numerous books at a time, but very different books so that it's not as jumbled.

    Check out my follow friday

    New follower! Hope you swing by my blog when you get time.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I'm a new follower via GFC. Right now, I usually read more than one book at the same time.

    My Feature and follow post
    http://jessysbookends.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature-and-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  66. One book is a good thing but I always read two, it's perfect for me like that.


    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  67. I'm the same way. I can only read one book at a time. That's personally the best way for me, that way I can keep my thoughts straight on that book and give it the best possible review that I can. I'm an old follower... =D

    ReplyDelete
  68. I read at least two books at a time. Helps me make my way through boring books if can switch between them.

    New follower.
    My <a herf="http://escapismfromreality.blogspot.co.uk/>FF</a>

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!

This blog is an award free zone, thank you for your consideration!